Decrease Serving 22
- 1-3/4 cups and 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1-3/4 cups and 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1-3/4 cups and 1 tablespoon mashed overripe bananas
- 3-3/4 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/3 cups and 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- Step 2Sift the flour, salt and baking soda into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the butter or margarine and sugar until smooth. Stir in the bananas, eggs, and walnuts until well blended. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, and stir just until blended. Divide the batter evenly between the two loaf pans.
- Step 3Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the crown of the loaf comes out clean. Let the loaves cool in the pans for at least 5 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack, and cool completely. Wrap in aluminum foil to keep in the moisture. Ideally, refrigerate the loaves for 2 hours or more before serving.
1) Do not taste this in advance of serving.
2) Do not cut loaves prior to serving.
3) Hide it from yourself, your spouse, kids, neighbors and contractors who may be downwind until ready to serve.
4) Cut at the last possible moment, and finally,
5) pre-print 8 or 10 small recipe sheets and leave them wherever you put the EBNB (seriously) otherwise you’ll have lots of people bugging you for the recipe.
Per Serving:231.5 calories; protein 3.2g 6% DV; carbohydrates 29.7g 10% DV; fat 11.9g 18% DV; cholesterol 51.3mg 17% DV; sodium 268.4mg 11% DV