UK – Get a free NHS test today to check if you have coronavirus
You can have a test (swab test) to check if you have coronavirus (COVID-19) now. You can choose to take the test:
- at a test site near you today and get your result tomorrow
- with a home test kit
There is another test, the antibody test to check if you’ve had coronavirus. This is not widely available yet.
Who can get a test
You can get a test:
- for yourself, if you have coronavirus symptoms now (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- for someone you live with, if they have symptoms
- if you live in England and have been told to have a test before you go into hospital, for example, for surgery
- if you live, work or study in an area with a coronavirus outbreak (Leicester, Luton, Pendle, or Blackburn with Darwen local councils)
This service is for people in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
When to get a test
If you have coronavirus symptoms, apply as soon as you can.
Do not wait
You need to get the test done in the first 5 days of having symptoms.